Posts Tagged ‘award winning dj’
Unfortunately this is not an uncommon statement to hear from future Brides as they consider their wedding entertainment options…
If this applies to you, here are some important questions you may want to ask yourself, and your “DJ” friend…
- What happens if they get sick, get a flat, have their equipment stolen, or simply don’t show up? What happens if their equipment fails ? It’s very important to have a backup plan! Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment provides a full backup staff for each event, including on call technicians, backup DJ’s, and supervisors ready to field any problem that may arise.
- How many weddings have they DJ’d? Maybe they can play the “Club Bangers”, but can they play “Cross-Generational” music? Many of our DJ’s also have club experience, but they also have the special professional skills and knowledge necessary to deejay a wedding. A DJ’s job is always, of course, to bring people together in joyful celebration. It requires different skills, however, to do this for a Bride and Groom, along with a group of their friends and family at a wedding.
- Do they have an event planning form of some kind? Every wedding is different, and it’s extremely important that you have an opportunity to choose what happens (or doesn’t!) throughout your big day, then discuss it with your DJ. We provide music and event planning forms, have a full time Music Director on staff, and your DJ will call you the week of your wedding to go over all the details with you
- Is this the person you want to rely one for one of the most important days of your life?
- Do they have insurance? We do! Many of the leading Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and Greater Minnesota venues require that all vendors carry liability insurance.
Now if your “DJ” friend has instilled confidence that he or she can make your marriage celebration all that it should be, then go for it! The point isn’t that it’s impossible for you to have a reliable friend with the right skills to help facilitate your big day, it’s that you should make sure you do before you put your trust in them!
If you’d like to explore the added benefits of hiring a professional disk jockey, please contact us so we can learn more about your event!
We are excited to announce Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment has won the Bride’s Choice Awards™ 2012. This prestigious award is determined by reviews from your past clients and recognizes the top 5 percent of local Wedding Professionals from the WeddingWire Network. Their are many DJ entertainment companies in and around Minneapolis and St. Paul. And to be named the best wedding DJ company is an honor.
We are humbled to have been chosen. We have the honor of working with hundreds of brides every year and we are referred by many wedding venues and Catering Directors. SO thanks to everyone for making this possible! We hope to see you soon.